|Last Updated||July 30, 2017|
The mPress Custom Feed Excerpts plugin allows to you customize your WordPress feed excerpts by simply using the <!– more –> tag in WordPress.
Everyone who uses feeds in WordPress wants to be able to control what shows up for their readers. There is a fine line between an excerpt that is too short to capture interest and a full post that never brings your readers to your actual website. At the same time, WordPress strips out all the HTML on feed excerpts and none on full posts. Now, you can customize the feed excerpt on a post-by-post basis and maintain the HTML as seen by visitors on your site.
Using this plugin is simple:
- Install the plugin
- Activate the plugin
- Go to ‘Reading’ under ‘Settings’ in the WordPress admin menu and make sure you are using the ‘Full text’ option for your feeds.
- Save your changes
- In your posts, just use the <!– more –> tag where you want to cut off the post in your feed.
- Works with custom post types
- No settings page, just adds an easy way for you to customize your feed excerpts
- Clean, well written code that won’t bog down your site