Over the last year, the REST API has been a frequent discussion point in the WordPress community. But what is REST? What can you do with it? And what does it mean for the non-developers among us?
In this two-hour webinar, Micah Wood will give a general overview of the REST API, explain why it may be a good option for your WordPress projects, and provide some ideas about what can be done with it. He will be speaking mostly to freelancers and business owners and will provide enough detail about the API so that they can talk about it intelligently with a developer.
Resources Mentioned in the Webinar
- WordPress REST API Handbook
- Disable REST API plugin
- Information on the REST API security vulnerability
- REST API vs WP AJAX performance
- WordPress Hooks for the REST API
- Basic Auth plugin
- Oauth 1 plugin
- Oauth 2 plugin (requires HTTPS)